Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Morning Yoga With Sadhu!

So, we've had lots of requests for morning yoga classes. That's something we've wanted to offer, too, and now the Opportunity arrives in the shape of the Man In Purple. He showed up by way of England, India, the U.S. and Guatemala, and he was keen to teach yoga in the early AM. That's way too early for Jenifer and I'm not a yoga teacher. So all ye early birds, get ready to rock and roll: Sadhu Prager-Macholl is your man.

Beginning Tuesday, 2 August, Sadhu will be offering ongoing six-week courses in Anusara Inspired Yoga at 7:30 and 8:30 AM. Cost is $60, though walk-ins are welcome too ($12).

And if lunch-time classes are more your style, have no fear: Sadhu will also be teaching the 12:15 and 1:15 classes on Fridays starting this week, also Anusara Inspired Yoga. (As we reported last week, those classes were being led by Bonnie, but life has gifted her some tremendous work and educational opportunities she couldn't pass up. We're sad to see her go, but wish her the very best and hope to see her on the mat.)

The world is his pumpkin.
Back to the business at hand. Sadhu has heaps of training with John Friend, the founder of Anusara Yoga, logging the kind of hours typically required to pilot fighter jets. But we think you'll find his presence less martial and more grounded in lovingkindness.

Here's how Sadhu describes his approach to teaching:

"I look to create a relaxed, friendly environment in which students have the space to practice within their own ability whilst enjoying a playful level of challenge. I encourage everyone to have a go at the postures I introduce. However, I always emphasize that students find the optimal place in each pose for them, which may well be one of the preliminary stages I presented.

"Of course, I keep a very watchful eye on my students, offering verbal and hands-on adjustments where required, and if welcomed, ensuring their safety throughout. I look to cultivate a balance of strength and flexibility in my classes, and find that my students leave class invigorated yet relaxed."

Welcome to Healium and to Wellington, Sadhu!

No comments: