Monday, September 3, 2012

Meet the Teacher: Alanna Krause


Welcome to the first in our series of Meet the Teacher blogs. We have quite a few new Yoga and Movement teachers joining us at Healium, and we figured you should know about them! You'll find Alanna Krause teaching Power Yoga Dynamics on Thursday evenings. Here's Alanna in her own words.

1. What is your favorite thing about yoga?

I love that moment when you try something a bit challenging and fail or fall over, but you catch someone's eye and just laugh about it together. It's that feeling of being on a yoga journey with everyone in the room, supporting each other.

2. What is your favorite yoga pose?

My favorite pose is headstand because it taught me that it's not about how strong my body is, but how strong my mind is.

3. What is your favorite thing to teach?

I like to teach approachable aspects of the philosophy behind yoga by relating it back to everyday life, and encouraging positive thinking.

4. What is your favorite posture to teach?

My favorite postures to teach are the ones which seem simple at first but keep getting more interesting the more you work with them, such as staff pose and downward dog.

5. What is your favorite thing to do other than practice and teach yoga?

When I'm not on the yoga mat, I'm passionate about my work in social enterprise and volunteering.

No comments: