Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Michelle Wood, Healium's New Massage Therapist


A couple years ago, while on holiday in the South Island, we stayed in Hanmer Springs since we wanted to enjoy the hot springs. On our way to the facility, however, I spotted a sign advertising massage and something called "whole body harmonizing," and that sounded good to me.

I met the therapist, Michelle, and immediately liked her fun, playful manner. I chose to have a massage featuring joint articulation therapy. This involves some stretching and even spinal realignments if necessary. The experience is nothing short of amazing. There's something downright shamanic about how Michelle seemingly takes you apart and puts you back together - only much, much better. It was exactly what I needed, and I can tell you: never once have I regretted missing out on the hot springs.

Michelle and I stayed in touch, and to our great fortune she decided to move to the Big Smoke! Funny how sometimes things come full circle. And this means that now you can experience her brilliant joint therapy too. She also offers pregnancy and deep-tissue massage, as well as half-hour Indian head massages - great for a relaxing getaway. A dedicated student of she calls the "laws of life," Michelle also provides her clients with instruction in qi gong exercises.

Michelle is currently available on Wednesdays from 2 pm until late. To book a session, just email us or give us a call!

No comments: